Monday, June 04, 2007

fresh fruit

not much going on -- finished the cooperative program course that apparently i needed to take but didn't know it until they placed a hold on my account to where i couldn't registar of classes - a bit frustrating but nevertheless the class is done - did learn a few things but not too much - but like my pastor said the lectures will be good to use for a new members type of class - being that southern gives us the permission to download and the us the lectures for free in churches - so, thanks to the cp monies my church has another free resource.

i'm going home this weekend - twice in three weeks - it's amazing! - but going home for the annual blair county relay for life - my mom doesn't ask much of me but this is something i know means alot to her - so, every year i make great strides to go home and send the weekend at madison park, walking and looking at all the tent set-ups in tent city -the the free meals from the outback are good too! but the high light has to be walking the surviors lap with my mom -- every year become more and emotional and means more -- to see the see of survior shirts and to reflect and remember those who lost their lives to cancer - it's something! it's also a great bonding time for me and my mom - we laugh, cry, and remember my grandma - who died of stomach cancer at 3am in march 15, 1993 - yes, you read right - on my birthday - so, my birthday is bitter sweet in many ways.

okay enough updates of my mundane life - i've been enjoying the fresh fruit that is now lining the shelves of my local stores -- everything from in season watermellon, cantalope, strawberrys, and right now my fav. peach!! -- i love the smell of a fresh, ripe peach - it's heavenly! speaking of fruit - i need to go and buy some more to snack on for tonights adventures at krispy kreme!

see ya!

No comments: